Saturday, May 7, 2011

3.4 Art out of context


I started my search with my reddit.com addiction.  A forum with many subcategories to suit the interests of the individual user.  While browsing i came across this image that was being posted as WTF.

I recognized it as art but could not remember the name of the artist.  Using yet another tool of the internet i "tineyed" it (tineye.com) and the results led me to a blog that confirmed it was the work of Paticia Piccinni. 
Since starting the project this was my first incounter with art out of context.  I have chosen to document these incounters to use as a reference for when my work will be placed in this context.  (as this is one of the goal of the project)  I will use this information to know when I have created a work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment