Sunday, June 12, 2011

Arbitrary Day: personal art gift


Arbitrary Day is an event created by Reddit Gifts.  This is the attempt by the online community to participate and exchange gifts IRL (in real life).  I am interested in this concept of the internet crossing over into real life.  It is usually a one way street in which we give up a lot of "real life" interactions to virtual ones and it is nice to see it being used the other way around.  Arbitrary Day basically a secret santa on an arbitrary day.  By signing up I am paired with another Redditor and committed to sending them a gift to arrive on that day and in exchange i will receive a gift. The gift is your choice. My match goes by the username dejennarate.  I have chosen this opportunity to share and test my latest idea - binary imaging.  Based upon the response I receive from dejennarate will determine if i continue with my binary imaging project.

Digital image of the work being sent to dejennarate. It is a binary coded personal message. This is my first binary imaging "painting" and a test run with this idea.

dejennarate 
2011 
binary on canvas
11" x 11"


Response from dejennerate:


her response:
http://redditgifts.com/gallery/gift/binary-painting-message/

also here is what i received:
http://redditgifts.com/gallery/gift/are-you-spying-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment